Toy Robot Studios owns a professional Pioneer RT-909 mastering deck!
This deck is awesome in its simplicity and ease of use, but radical in design and functionality for it's time. A fine vintage, this deck was Pioneer’s flagship model at the time of its release, and has subsequently survived almost 30 years on the market.
The deck is still in high demand, and audiophiles everywhere are snatching the units up as quickly as possible. I was lucky enough to acquire this deck, and will be putting it to use mastering film audio.
- 1/4” mastering deck
- Full 2-track (professional stereo), also known as 4-track, 2-channel
- 3-motor design: 1 direct drive motor each for supply reel (1), take-up reel (2) and capstan (3)
- Bi-directional transport (tape movement)
- Maximum reel size: 10-1/2
- Tape speeds of 19cm/s or 9.5cm/s
- Wow & flutter of: No more than 0.04% WRMS (19cm/s), No more than 0.04% WRMS (19cm/s) & No more than 0.08% WRMS (9.5cm/s)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: More than 60dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1% (19cm/s)
- Frequency Response: @ 19cm/s - [20Hz - 28,000Hz + or - 3dB] and @ 9.5cm/s - [20Hz - 20,000Hz + or - 3dB]
- Erasing Coefficient: More than 60dB
- 2 Mic/Line Inputs for stereo mastering